[pct-l] FYI: Denatured alcohol availability in So Cal

Gary Leese grandyleese at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 13:32:11 CDT 2011

Hi All-
This possible lack of alcohol stove fuel issue has me freaking out.

Allow me to share my strategy, and info I have recently obtained:
I called the Napa Auto Parts stores in both Idyllwild and Big Bear Lake. The
less than enthusiastic gentleman in Idyllwild told
me that he has TWO bottles of yellow HEET in stock as of today 4/25. Big Bear
Napa Parts has some HEET in stock;
the less than enthusiastic gentleman there was reluctant to disclose more info.

I also went to the national Do It Best hardware chain website. They allow you to
order items online and have the items drop
shipped (free shipping!) to the hardware store of your choice. I was NOT able to
get denatured alcohol shipped to
Butcher's Block Hardware in Big Bear Lake. I WAS able to get a quart of
Sunnyside Denatured Alcohol shipped to
Mountain Hardware in Wrightwood. Whether my order will be waiting for me in
Wrightwood is anyone's guess.

I will be shipping HEET to Idyllwild and/or Big Bear following Gottawalk's
guidlines:
http://www.gottawalk.com/shipping_fuel.htm

See you at the Kickoff! -Watertank