[pct-l] Outrageous Marketing Ploy

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Apr 23 10:59:17 CDT 2011

Chiefcowboy writes: Whoa there big fella.  You're forgetting something in your profit-mongering
calculations.  You forgot our illustrious government which will want their "fair" share.  Without boring the two of you with the actual costs involved
in business license fees, franchise tax licensing, a cut for the Lake Morena Park folks, income and other taxes I figure you'll each owe before you're
through.
Switchback replies: You bring up a very good point.  In our nanny state everyone will want a cut.  So, we would end up owing more than we make.
Except for one thing.  Our enterprise is in the Underground Economy.  The government will be none the wiser.  This is Free Enterprise at its finest.
Just a few payoffs and bribes and we will be awash in good old money.  The Kickoff backpackers will be fleeced of every lost dime at the Pirate's Roost table.  How sweet.  I can see the money now piled on the Pirate table now.  I can hardly see over it.  My only concern is that backpackers are notoriously stingy and
tight.  They squeak when they walk.  It may take a stick of dynamite to blast a few bucks out of their pockets.
=