[pct-l] Sierra mileage

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Apr 22 23:17:42 CDT 2011

On Apr 22, 2011, at 7:49 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> I'm freakin' out, man!
>
>  The real worry is the Tuolumne Meadows PO/store. If
> that's not open yet with all the damn snow, then what? Can't mail a
> box to a
> PO that isn't open, which sorta screws me, since I have to do all this
> myself, either now or from the trail.
>
> To Bill from VVR, I'm betting I'll be towards the middle of the
> pack, maybe
> more to the back.

Well, then, if you are in the middle or back of the pack, you have
nothing to worry about. The PO will be open. There will be a bus to
take you to Bridgeport or Yosemite Valley. If there aren't any of
these things, you've got thumbs. Everything will be just fine. Worst
case scenario is you don't deal well with the snow and you bounce
yourself up to Sonora Pass from somewhere and carry on. That's what I
did. Came back another year to finish the Sierra in a more gentle
month: August!