[pct-l] shoe replacement

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Apr 21 17:47:11 CDT 2011

Well, I'm no expert on availability. I had a lot of shoes sitting in
a stack at home.

But along the trail, I did buy shoes in Cabazon at an outlet mall.
Not the best choices, but I found some good ones. Had another
opportunity in Agua Dulce when I got a ride to REI. I ordered a pair
of shoes from the pay phone in Kennedy Meadows and had them shipped
to VVR. Later I could have bought some shoes easily in Ashland and
Bend Oregon, but I didn't. I bought some shoes from REI in Seattle. A
long ride but I needed to get out of the rain.

Hope that helps.
Diane