[pct-l] Snow at VVR, MTR...

Vermilion Valley Resort pct-l at edisonlake.com
Thu Apr 21 14:46:55 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you know that we got a tremendous amount of snow this
year.  You can checkout our Facebook page for recent pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/vvr.edisonlake

Because of this, we don't expect to open until probably the first week
of June (just a week later than normal).

HOWEVER, because MTR is considerably farther back into the wilderness
from the road than us... they most likely won't be opening until after
we do (though we won't know how much later until we can all get up
Kaiser Pass and checkout the plow job).

I would suggest that if you plan to resupply in our area early in the
season (by the 2nd or 3rd week of June), you might want to send your
resupply to VVR instead of MTR to ensure that you can pick it up.

Nothing against MTR - we're all friends - we just wanted to make sure
you guys don't have problems with resupplies in the Sierras!

If you are planning on resupplying at MTR anyway - I recommend you CALL
them first to ensure they'll be open!

Bill