[pct-l] Fishing

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Apr 20 22:11:38 CDT 2011

You need the UL fishing kit. Take a Tic-tac box and put some fishing
line and hooks inside. When you want to fish, attach the hook to the
line and put some bait on it. When you reel in the fish, do so by
wrapping the line around the box. My friend Lenny used this on his
PCT hike and actually caught a few fish. He writes:
"I set up my tarp
caught four fish
with my hand line
let one go
gutted and cleaned
they cooked over a fire."

There are some fancier tic-tac fishing kits online, but this simple
method works.

Diane