[pct-l] shoe replacement

Toby Maxwell tmm19 at geneseo.edu
Wed Apr 20 09:29:05 CDT 2011

I think that historically I have had pretty durable feet, I am just nervous
to switch to something that is so dramatically different that what I have
used in the past and been comfortable with because whether natural or not my
feet have a pretty significant arch at this point.  When you guys made the
switch to much less 'supportive' aka to more naturally shaped shoes, did you
do it gradually? or was it like night and day in that you felt you had
finally found the shoe for you? I ask because the shoes I am going to start
with (la sportiva wildcat) are pretty comfy and am curious if they end up
destroying my feet if I could do more harm by going to something much
simpler immediately.  I guess its probably a really personal thing, but I'll
have to keep in mind that foot pain, if it occurs, may be solved by a less
traditionally supportive shoe which is probably counter intuitive my pop
culture understanding of feet.

thanks for the great tips.

-Toby