[pct-l] Removing tics the pleasant wayl

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Apr 20 06:41:59 CDT 2011

Snow Bunny and Tick Master Reinhold writes: I don't know about Switchback, but you can always count on JMT to come to
the rescue when Melanie and Sugar Moma come screeching out of the shower and show you  "amateurs"  how to remove ticks from
a lady the pleasant way.  I will remove the tics, wherever they may be, very gently, with my nibbler teeth.  I will use tweezers only
as a last resort in the hard to get to places.
Switchback replies: I have no experience removing ticks.  When on the trail ticks usually jump on me and take a whiff.  They then
go off to die in the bush.  It is the same with saber-tooth mountain lions and grizzly bears along the PCT.  I present the serious
hard core hiker trash aroma as I bang along the trail.  All run from me.  All avoid me.  All have a natural aversion to me.

It will be the same at the April Kickoff.  As you survey Lake Morena County Park, you will notice a cloud like Pig Pen has
in the Peanut comic strip.  That will be me.  No one will be near me.  All give a wide berth.  This is one of the best
things about being a backpacker.