[pct-l] best section for a dog

ambery-80243 at mypacks.net ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Tue Apr 19 19:41:47 CDT 2011

I think Bob's idea is good.  I don't know if you usually leash your dog or not, but if you take the alternate route to the Columbia, I would suggest making sure you leash it through the Eagle Creek section.  It's narrow and pretty cliffy, and I've seen one too many people start to lose their balance on that trail when someone let their dog run ahead of them and surprise someone coming around a bend.  It's probably not as paw friendly as the "real" PCT, but definitely worth the detour.