[pct-l] lyme disease on the PCT (was Deet)

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Tue Apr 19 11:04:15 CDT 2011

One of the hikers who came through here a few years ago contracted Lyme
Disease.  He wasn't exactly sure about where he contracted it; could have
been on the PCT, AT, or even near his home in Ohio.  But he was sure that he
ran smack into denial about what he had.  Doctors and insurers alike are
either ignorant or deliberate in their lack of acknowledgement of the
disease. Because of incorrect diagnoses, this strapping young man, husband
and father has suffered beyond words, essentially becoming so weak and
paralyzed that he is bedridden.  He told me about the film "Under Our Skin"
that exposes the epidemic and the medical/insurance industry's response (or
lack of response). I was unaware of the issues and ongoing controversy
surrounding Lyme Disease. This film changed that:

www.underourskin.com

L-Rod