[pct-l] Make sure you can open your Bearicade bear canister

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Tue Apr 19 08:47:42 CDT 2011

If your getting a new Bearicade canister make sure that you will be able to get it open when you are on the trail. This sounds easy enough but at the end of a long day of hiking, cold weather will stiffen the plastic and you may be so tired that it will be difficult to do. You can practice outside in the cold air if you like.

On a new canister the two pointy lock mechanism will be very good at locking and making it difficult to open. After many uses the points wear down and it will be easier. Here is a little YouTube video that shows you an easy and fast way to open it with a small plastic card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyEbLfL_lSU&NR=1

TrailHacker

"When my feet hurt, I can't think straight"
Abraham Lincoln