[pct-l] Deet

Alley Kitten alleykitten at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 17:29:45 CDT 2011

Actually, Lyme-infected ticks have been found in 42 counties in California.
[source: http://www.lymedisease.org/california/california_map.html] Lyme
disease is caused by an infection with a type of bacterium called Borrelia
burgdorferi, which is principally transmitted by the deer tick... which
there are plenty off out here in So. Cal.

Lyme disease has been reported in nearly all states, but more than 98
percent of all cases are found in Coastal New England and the Mid-Atlantic
states, as well as Wisconsin, Minnesota and Northern California.

Since 1989, approximately 2,145 cases have been reported in California
through 2006.