[pct-l] Castella resupply

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Apr 18 12:36:21 CDT 2011

And, it's probably less dangerous to walk that short distance on the
Interstate than to walk the RR tracks. Maybe, maybe not. I already
mentioned that I walked the tracks to Dunsmuir. I saw a train go by
before I started walking the tracks, but while I was walking them,
there were a few spots that made me quite nervous and I either
quickened my pace or I made mental notes of how I would manage
bailing over the edge or both. I think I was almost as nervous about
getting caught as I was about getting trapped in a tight spot.
Fortunately I saw no trains during my traverse of the tracks.