[pct-l] Ideal spot between Warner Springs and Big Bear

Sam Griffin samgriffin4 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:13:50 CDT 2011

Hey all! I start my hike tomorrow wooohoooo. But, on another note, I have a
friend that I am meeting for the Big Bear to Wrightwood section, and,
because of plane ticket issues, I am starting my hike a few days later than
I had originally planned. Seeing as he already has a plane ticket, this
creates a problem (I'd have to do 30+ milers right out of the gate to meet
him on time. Not going to happen.)

That said, can anyone recommend a good place to meet someone between Warner
Springs and Big Bear? This would prevent him from hiking towards me, and
then turning around and following me back to where he started. He has no
problem with hitching, so a bus or car is not needed. However, if anyone
would be willing to give him a lift, he'd pay both ways in gas (gas prices
are insane!).

Let me know, and thanks PCTL for helping me work towards my hike with
confidence! See some of you out there!

Sam