[pct-l] Big Bear to Agua Dulce, Conditions in June?

Trail Walker trailwalker56 at msn.com
Sat Apr 16 11:43:01 CDT 2011

I will be doing my second PCT section hike soon, from Big Bear to Agua Dulce. I was planning on doing this in May. Now I may not be able to go until the first week in June. Since I live closer to the north end of the trail, I don't get to hike much in southern CA.

Can anyone tell me what to expect in this section during June?  Can I expect to see other hikers?  One of Donna Saufley's emails said that Hiker Heaven gets busy mid-May through mid-June.

I imagine it will be getting hot, some water sources may be drying up, and I believe there are about three trail closures in that area now. On the positive side, the snow at higher elevations should be mostly gone.

Tom