[pct-l] From the trail--section C

Naps.On.Trail Naps.On.Trail at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 18:48:34 CDT 2011

Water:

Don't skip the office for the wind power (213?)
Great flowers about 214
Get water at 220.5, there is no water at 222 and unless Moses has passed
that way it doesn't look like there ever was.
>From 226 to 239b/240 you're good to go, lots of water.
The camp at 235 has been fouled by horses (%^&^$#), if you have the energy
go one more mile. You'll be glad you did. (And then there are the catabatic
winds that'll keep you awake into the night.)
>From 240-250 there is 2-3 miles of intermittent snow, rock hard early in the
day (Whippet or ax would be good but entirely passable with care) --enjoy
one of the best sections yet!
Lot's of blow-down in this section --240-265
Water running across the road at 250 (and if you're desperate a green
pond...)
Nature's Inn Cache at 252 is good (5 gallons and it looks like they keep it
up).
Arrastre Trail Camp 256--faucet doesn't work but there is plenty of water in
the creek starting 255 and going to 257 or farther, crossing the trail
several times, and there are two springs north .5-.75 running across the
trail
>From there it's an easy lope over to H-18.

Say, how about removing ten items off the trail each day? Pine cones,
branches? Just 10, that's all. I hook most branches with my Whippet and give
them a flick, and use it as a polo club for the cones.