[pct-l] Calling all Ultralight Sleeping Bags

Emily Shirley BookGidget at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 21:13:18 CDT 2011

Okay,

I have spent the last few days in search of an ultralight weight sleeping
bag/quilt. Preferably down.
So far this is what I've found:
GoLite Down Quilt(20deg): 1lb5oz
Western Mountaineering Down HighLite(35deg): 15oz
Mountain Laurel Designs Synthetic Spirit Quilt(35-30deg): 15oz

Okay now here's my question... the western mountaineering Highlite uses a
box construction which would limits the amount of thermal savings because
the down can't move to the top... so it's lying there useless beneath you.
If the WesternMountaineering bag used a continuous baffle construction the
thermal savings would be higher(<35deg!) and/or it could be lighter if you
stayed with 35deg.  Now...has a company I haven't heard of already made this
amazing, ultralight weightless bag? or am I pushing my luck?

Let me know what you think,
Golden Child

 ROAR!