[pct-l] Southbound JMT help

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:23:21 CDT 2011

Dear Will

I also hike JMT this summer, my third trial. There is no difficulty
for hiking JMT. It is a very comfortable trail.

My advice is:
1. Bring enough foods, many kind of foods. Many people lose their
weight. Our body exhausts rapidly when low in nutrition.
2. Bring a warm sleeping pad and a sleeping bag. The temperature
frequently decrease to a freezing temperature even in August.
3.No need to cleaning dishes. Wipe them with toilet paper.
4. I am using gas canister stove.  I usually eat bread and dry fruits
with coffee as breakfast and lunch. I usually boil dried vegetables
and beef jerky with chicken soup and pour into couscous for dinner.
One 250gram canister is enough for VVR to Lone Pine.
my foods sent to VVR last summer:
http://psycho01.edu.u-toyama.ac.jp/P7117161.jpg
dinner sample :
http://bit.ly/fyUsZH