[pct-l] shipping fuel canisters

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Apr 12 17:17:46 CDT 2011

All this discussion about shipping HEET? Why do that? You are hiking
a crest trail. Meaning your whole distance is in the mountains, in
regions where people need HEET for their cars. Just buy it in the
next town.

I never once ran out of fuel on my hike. HEET was everywhere. A
bottle of it lasted forever, and there was always a bottle of it in a
hiker box somewhere.

Save yourself the aggravation and just buy HEET as you go along. It
isn't subject to the AQMD ban.