[pct-l] fund raiser to write a field guide for the PCT

Justin West cjustinwest at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 12:01:02 CDT 2011

 Fellow hikers,
My partner and I will be out on the PCT this summer collecting vegetation
data and notes for the publication of a field guide to the PCT.  It is the
intent to make this book available in both hard copy as well as a digital
version.  I have launched a Kickstarter
campaign<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/866011503/writing-a-field-guide-to-the-pacific-crest-trail>online
to try and raise funds for writing this book.  If you please follow
this link<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/866011503/writing-a-field-guide-to-the-pacific-crest-trail>you
can see a short video clip and read more about the project as well as
pledge money towards the project in return for a variety of gifts in return
such as a copy of the book, a tree, a packet of seeds, etc.
Thanks for taking the time to check it out, and hopefully be able to be a
financial supporter.  No pledge is too small!  I look forward to meeting
many of you this summer on the trail as well as at the kickoff.
Any thoughts you might have as a hiker and outdoors person Please also get
in touch and let us know how such a field guide would best suit your needs.
This is great information to get sooner rather than later.
Kickstarter campaign<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/866011503/writing-a-field-guide-to-the-pacific-crest-trail>
and
see more about us as well at our blog site: www.storythewalk.wordpress.com

thanks!