[pct-l] tips for someone just starting?

Glenn Bradford glenn.bradford at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 14:31:55 CDT 2011

Noel - thanks for asking the question and thanks for all the great
info everyone! I've been hiding mostly in the shadows of this list
soaking up all the great information.

I am planning to do the PCT in 2013. I ordered Yogi's PCT Handbook,
sat down on a Friday evening to read it and couldn't put it down until
I was done at 4am Saturday - superb set of information - and
inspiring.

I did the Wonderland Trail many moons ago, and Mont Blanc 30-ish
days...with a pack so heavy I should have just brought a mini van.
Now, I am doing everything I can to switch to ultralight. Jardine's
book has been very insightful.

Maybe I'll see you out there. :)

Glenn