[pct-l] Hiker help

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Sun Apr 10 13:48:21 CDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 11:33 AM,  <criosrun at aol.com> wrote:
>> i will try to help bob.  he is an old ultrarunning buddy of mine.  i will be able to help him but not until august as i will be at the Hardrock 100 miler in early july as a volunteer.  and then running the Tahoe Rim Trail 50k in late july.<<

Having hung out with Bob, and being both a long distance hiker and an
ultrarunner, I can assure you that for me, at least, over periods
greater than about a week, I can travel much further WALKING with a
light pack than running with no pack.

Running is just too hard on the body, and requires significant rest. I
can walk 30+ miles every day almost endlessly.

I wish Bob well on his adventure. I hope I am out in the woods when I am 80.