[pct-l] Covers, fear of dirt, and stuff

Naps.On.Trail Naps.On.Trail at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 13:40:48 CDT 2011

Perhaps the solvent ban explains the great deal I found at Walmart--4
bottles of HEET for $1 (clearance?). I didn't/don't need 4 bottles but the
single was $1.32. Go figure.

I'm with Ned on the ground cover sheet and in the same way have not
understood the tarp approach. A Tarp Tent at 22 oz vs. a tarp, plus the
stakes, plus the pole, plus the tie downs, plus the ground cover, plus a bug
screen--against the 60 seconds it takes me to set up my tent with two stakes
and I've got it all--so why do we use tarps?

A ground sheet reminds me of those who buy a cover for the car's dashboard.
Why do we need a cover for the cover?

Naps-On-Trail (48 hours until launch)