[pct-l] Shutdown

Ron Dye chiefcowboy at verizon.net
Fri Apr 8 09:28:54 CDT 2011

Typically we've seen token shut-downs.  A friend went to Lake Mead to launch
his boat and there were two rangers there to inform him the lake was closed
- but the two rangers were there, right?  I doubt they will effectively
close forests (although technically I guess they could designate them as
closed).  Any need for Search and Rescue typically goes through the
Sheriff's Departments (at least in California) so emergency support will
still be available.  Any federal assets (helicopters typically) would
probably be designated as essential services and should be available.  To
tell the truth, if nobody checks my permit, I wouldn't be bothered.  This
thing should blow over in a few days anyway - as soon as our beloved
electeds get their act together.