[pct-l] What to do with dogs

Kevin hikelite at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:19:44 CDT 2011

We leave Flagstaff next weekend to start heading to the trail. House is nearly packed. Food is coming along well. Gear is decided on, but still waiting on a couple last items. Training is going well. My wife has dine a couple 10 mile days with her pack on. The hike begins 2 weeks from yesterday, so of course were busy, but things are moving along well.

Except for one thing. We still don't know what to do with the dogs. We have 3, so that makes it harder. I have soneone able to take care of one. Ideally we could keep them together, but 3 or more homes would be fine too. I'm even starting to try and get people to share the task, ie one month each then rotate. No luck.

So I'm putting this out here to see if anyone has a suggestion. Maybe someone in the list would house some dogs while were in the trail? I'm willing to compensate, but the kennel boarder folks around here want $20-30 a day per dog! Were getting pretty worried about this unanswered question. I've had a couple people give me maybes and then back out. :(  Anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Misspellings and typos brought to you by iPhone.