[pct-l] HALFMILE!!! You GPS god you........

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Mon Apr 4 23:08:49 CDT 2011

It would probably work. I don't know how accurate the PCT route is on this.
Perhaps someone who has it can compare a section or two of halfmile's
actual gps track to it. I have the Garmin TOPO 24K West which covers
Washington, Oregon, California and Nevada. List is $130 but it is a lot
less on Amazon.

Reading the description of the Garmin Trailhead Series - PCT it is very
limited -- per the description that is downloaded and installed on one
Garmin GPS and apparently you would have little or no other access to the
maps and info.

I think you will be better served by get the TOPO 24K West which as I read
the Garmin license you can use on any Garmin product but not on gear
manufactured by others. You are also allowed to use it on one computer.
 From what I've heard, Garmin uses a proprietary map format so Garmin maps
will not work on other manufactures GPS anyway.

Tortoise

<>  Because truth matters.<>