[pct-l] Highway 88 PCT crossing south of Echo Lake

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:50:11 CDT 2011

Often times the parking lot at the trailhead where the PCT hooks in from the
south is full, and I mean no spaces available.  It's a little better about
100 yards down the highway where the CT continues to head north, but pretty
consistent traffic through the lot by tourists.

An alternative is a day use parking area just before Blue Lakes (with a lot
of camping present around the lakes proper) that is just off trail with a
little spur trail leading to it to it.  It's about 10 trail miles before
Carson Pass.  I spent 4 days there in 2009 doing the same thing and it was
the best spot I found.  Post a sign with an arrow on the trail if you're
interested in that as an alternative.