[pct-l] Shroomer Report

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 23:20:57 CDT 2011

Wow, Nate.

Being a trail zombie probably gives you an in with the other world, the
underworld, and the netherworld, so I'm sure you're right.  Asgard (Hoya ta
ho) and Olympus need to be brought into the mix, but I think Steel-Eye is
onto something when he suggests enlisting the help of one fallen angel, who
seems to have a hold on the mythos of heat.  Doing my bit for the trail,
I'll turn my Monday hike up Mt. Diablo into a serious spiritual quest into
getting dear ol' Diablo to help us out in CA (some would say he's already
got a hold here anyway) and do some trail drying.  We will be sacrificing
all used ski and snowboard gear (nothin' we can still use, we're a bunch of
cheap suckers) on a great pyre at the top, in hopes that the beings on high,
and the beings on low, know that it is that time of the year to put the
winter behind us.

Meanwhile, back in the Bay Area, the Muir pear trees are in bloom, almonds
are done, and his lemon trees are covered in fruit.  Grasses are tall, heavy
with seed, and ready for the first really hot weather to turn the hills
golden.  Today was supposed to be a storm, but instead it was a lovely warm
tee shirt kind of day, and I'm sure the melt off is continuing apace.

That's it for the Shroomer Report