[pct-l] windscreen for canister stove

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 22:28:54 CDT 2011

I've got two small sections of an old aluminum turkey pan for my windscreen.
 They are very light, and just sort of wrap around the whole cat can stove
I've used for years.  If there's a problem with more wind, I usually
surround the aluminum with stones, or even earth or sand to hold the whole
thing in place.  On a windy day, getting enough air has never been a
problem, so the whole set up still works even though you've reduced the
draft substantially using earth.  In a pinch, I've done just what Mendo
Rider suggests, and doubled or tripled up a section of heavy duty foil,
which works great.

Shroomer