[pct-l] food weight

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Apr 2 20:12:39 CDT 2011

Melanie wrote: Fat calories are the easiest to carry as your body derives more energy per weight.
That is why your body stores extra energy as fat in your body.  It is the easiest to carry around.
Malnourished Unsupported Reinhold writes: Yes Melanie, Switchback has this down to a science.
Switchback replies: Has anyone ever wondered how JMT Unsupported accomplished all those records.  How does he do it with such a scrawny body and super light pack?  Now connect the dots.  When folks go missing out on the trail, they are usually well fed hikers.  I say there should be an investigation on the timing of Unsupported's records and missing hikers.  I for one am going to be extra alert this season on the PCT.

If you ever see Unsupported wondering around the April Kickoff, he always looks like he is looking for something.  You never see him in line for a meal.  He is always scoping out the hikers, the hefty kind.   I say when Unsupported is around we hikers should get into a circle facing outward like Cape Buffalo when predators are around.  Just a suggestion.