[pct-l] Phone advice

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Fri Apr 1 19:31:16 CDT 2011

BB,

For the portion I was on last year (Campo to Sonora Pass), the best service was from AT&T, with Verizon close behind.  I have heard that T-Mobile has little or no service along the trail outside of towns.  Here are a couple of links to research by Halfmile and Gadget.

Reception on the trail: Halfmile has been collecting this, here:
http://www.pctmap.net/cell/

Gadget's ideas for selecting a smartphone, here:
http://postholer.com/smartPhone.html

Mango