[pct-l] Half Way Point

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 17:51:45 CDT 2011

Meridith,  Look up "town" in your dictionary. A town does not have to have any
of what

you describe to be a town. I lived on the Mendocino coast for 34 years. I can
think of several small towns that lack either all or most of the establishments
that you describe.

And yet - the folks who live there think that they live in towns. Yes, Beldon
Town is small but it offers a lot to we who pass through. I have visited
Beldon several times over the years. The people who live there were really nice
to me.  There is even a Post Office nearby for those who resupply that way. In
2009 I cached my resupplies 1/2 mile southwest of town. There is a restroom
there, a corral, and a good place to camp.

MendoRider