[pct-l] Bear Can Contrarian

Dale Combs comebackwalking at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 19:08:37 CDT 2010

I love my bear can. I love it most when they ARE NOT required. I always use a bear can. In addition to a Garcia can I also have a smaller Bareboxer for weekend trips.
If you always carry a bear-can then your pack always packs the same and you never feel the extra weight. You have to pack around a bear-can and not fight it.
If you always use a bear-can you develop a real good sense for how to get 15 lbs of high calorie food crammed into that identical space. Shopping and menu planning gets easier and that frees up the brain for inventive cooking ideas.
If you have a bear-can and always use it then you get used to exploiting its usage in the non-required areas. Like maybe caching food for the second half of a trip.
If you open up your mind to the extended possibilities......
I'm just saying, think about it.
Comfy