[pct-l] Bear Canisters

Thelma Fredricksen thelma.fredricksen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 18:16:02 CDT 2010

There are, in fact, bear boxes at Glen Aulin, also Sunrise etc.-- all the
High Sierra Camps because there are backpacker campgrounds associated with
these, and also the tent cabin users have to use them too. But, I don't see
why it would be worth not carrying a canister because it means you are under
a big gun everyday to get somewhere that has boxes. It's some of the most
amazing scenery in the world....why hurry that much?!?