[pct-l] Bicycle Usage Proposal

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 01:25:28 CDT 2010

Dear PCT,

Although I'm an avid road cycling enthusiast I have to agree with Chuck.
There are plenty of PAVED ROADS to cycle and they are a lot safer for the
cyclist.  A lot of paved roads are very remote with steep inclines or not,
that are great for cycling.  Everyone in my cycling club who mountain bikes;
always seem to crash and break a lot of bones when they hit the inevitable
tree root, rock etc.  Let's preserve our pristine trails for hiking.  The
trail is no place for a bike!!!

Melanie