[pct-l] PCT Maintenance - Saturday September 18th, near Snoqualmie Pass

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 11:06:49 CDT 2010

OK, as the last one didn't go through, here it is again (Brick)...

Respond off list if you're interested.

I'm looking for folks interested in helping to maintain the PCT near Snoqualmie
Pass, Washington for this coming Saturday, September 18th (and look for a
similar announcement for the 25th as well).  We'll be cutting brush using a
power saw and loppers.  The area we'll be working on is overgrown with blue and
huckleberries.  There is between 2 and 4 miles of the stuff we'll be starting
into.  Last time out, 3 of us made great progress on this problem area.  There's
a fair chance we'll see thru hikers (those passing this area this coming weekend
should be finishing in late September, early October time frame).

The work area is about 20-30 minutes drive in from Exit 62 on I-90 (~10 miles
east of Snoqualmie Pass proper).  Meet time is approximately 8:30am.  Exact
details (time and location) will be provided to those that are interested in
helping.  There is a possibility of car pooling from various points on the east
side of Seattle or from the North Bend area.

No experience necessary, all tools & hard hats are provided by the PCTA.  You'll
need boots (no running shoes / sandals), long pants and long sleeves, a day pack
with your water, snacks and lunch, other weather appropriate clothing (probably
some rain gear), you're favorite pair of work gloves and a commitment to be safe
around power tools.

Thanks for your consideration.

Barry / TC
PCT