[pct-l] bikes on trail

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Tue Sep 7 19:53:30 CDT 2010

Since I do a lot of "shoulder-season" hiking in Section C, I have had
numerous confrontations with bike riders, and a few with motorcycle
riders.  Since I am hiking with a string of several llamas, I stand in
the way and don't let them pass.  I stand there with my hiking sticks
and critters, explain to them that they are on the trail illegally, and
deal with whatever they dish out.  Some are confrontational right back,
others are abashed, turn around and go back, or take another trail if
its available.  The vast majority of section C is lined with tire
tracks.  Once I even met my doctor out there riding! His attitude is
that it should be open to bikes so he is going to ride it regardless.
Marion