[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 33, Issue 18

Damian Rickert rickertlaw at comcast.net
Mon Sep 6 00:11:38 CDT 2010

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 17:33:16 -0700
> From: Brick Robbins<brick at brickrobbins.com>
> Subject: [pct-l] What do you think?
> To: PCT<pct-l at backcountry.net>
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/27/opinion/27stroll.html

able to ride his mountain bike anywhere he likes, including the coveted
single-tack trails in wilderness areas. A good analysis/rebuttal of his
opinion piece can be found here:

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/2010/08/mountain-bikerattorney-argues-making-wilderness-safer6480

I was surprised that the New York Times would publish such a
poorly-researched opinion piece (the Forest Service forbids signs?
really??). Slow news day, I guess.