[pct-l] Trails on Map Quest

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 2 10:14:35 CDT 2010

I have been using Map Quest to route myself up to Florence Lake for a trip into Kings Canyon National Park and up to Muir Pass.  I find it interesting that the PCT is clearly indicated on National Forest land but not in the National Parks.  I am assuming that each agency must have different regulations concerning the release of trail information.  This seems strange to me as they are both part of the Department of the Interior.  Does anyone know any more about this?  Oh, don't get me wrong, I also have quite a number of more detailed paper maps that I also use.

Shepherd