[pct-l] Will he be ready for a thruhike ?

Stewart Johns stewfjohns at att.net
Fri Oct 29 19:10:35 CDT 2010

I know someone who just started hiking. He really enjoyed his first hike,
where he did a quarter mile in 40 minutes. Do you think he can someday do a
thruhike?

Yep… sure can.  If he has the will.  And of course that will will be tested.
But that is ok.  That is the way it works.  Have enough desire and you can
accomplish anything, but it’s not a free ride.  He has to put in the effort, and
never quit.  It’s the ones that keep going that make it, not necessarily the
strongest or the fastest,  or the ones with the best gear, but the ones with the
most desire that make it to the end.  It’s all about character.  I wish your
friend all of those.
Doc Holiday