[pct-l] quick question on my hiking performance

Halfmile list at lon.net
Thu Oct 28 18:12:41 CDT 2010

Not sure if anyone will find this interesting, but earlier this year I
was curious about the pace of PCT hikers with the idea of maybe
creating some kind of hiker scheduling tool and recorded when hikers
reached certain locations based on hiker journals.

I tried to include hikers that I thought were doing "normal" hikes. I
excluded one really fast hiker, and one very early starter,
flip-flopers, and a few who took major time off for off-trail
commitments.

You can see the info as a google doc web page here:
http://bit.ly/pcttimetable

If your not familiar with Excel, click the little tab buttons on the
bottom to see summary data, 2010 hikers, 2009 hikers, etc.

I not sure the data is that useful, but I found it kind of
interesting. It's from 16 hikers in 2009 & 2010 that happened to keep
good records in journals. It would be better if it included info about
zero days, which it doesn't. I'm sidetracked with other projects right
now, so I don't know when or if I will get back to this one.

-Halfmile