[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 34, Issue 115

Shawn Hudson shizaquawn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 14:00:11 CDT 2010

On the AT, I used the REI Cruise UL60. Their new version of this pack is the
Flash, which my girlfriend has and its wonderful. I bring this up, because
I'm regretting my decision to buy a Circuit. The REI packs are just as
light, but I feel they're more durable. I've used the Circuit for small
backpacking trips so far, but here are my worries.

1. It's not as comfortable as the REI pack. That pack fit like a glove. The
Circuit, however, I feel the need to spend a week tweaking it.
2. The net pocket in the back already has a rip in it, and like I said ... I
haven't used it intensely.

This was supposed to be my PCT pack, but I'm having my doubts. I don't want
to take away from other people's experiences, but I'm not impressed. I do
enjoy several features of the pack, however, such as the roll-down
compartment, removable water bladder bag and large hip pockets.

- Shawn "Voodoo" Hudson

I am gearing up for my first thru-hike next year and was wondering if
>  anyone
> > has had any experience with ULA backpacks. I am considering the
 Catalyst