[pct-l] Shoe weight difference. L-R

Thomas Jamrog tjamrog at me.com
Thu Oct 28 14:02:05 CDT 2010

I shot this one to my brother, also a backpacker who has been in the shoe industry his whole life, now working at New Balance.  Here is what he said about the difference in weight :

"Left and right should be about the same weight. One factor that could increase weight , the brand could be putting in a security chip in 1 of the ½ pairs. But that should not make that much of a difference. Other factors that would contribute to the weight difference. Soles could have been mixed up and the left and right may have been pressed at different times and the amount of rubber that goes into each was different. But this would be rare."
Uncle Tom