[pct-l] signing in

greg mushial gmushial at gmdr.com
Thu Oct 28 10:15:52 CDT 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 19:38:59 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Edward Anderson <mendoridered at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] signing in
> To: Thelma Fredricksen <thelma.fredricksen at gmail.com>
> Cc: pct-l at backcountry.net
>
> I have also been trying to sign in and vote.? My result was the same as
> jomike
> describes.
> MendoRider

Just a heads-up - my guess is "the problem" is at their (usda.gov) end, ie,
yesterday I had no problem signing in and demoting bikes on the PCT...  but
this morning, from the same machine I can no longer, or at least am
currently unable. Originally this morning this started as a test to see if
the signing in problem might be a XP vs W7 question...  so I tried to log in
from W7 - no go. I thought I had learned something, and was going to post to
the list, asking if the people that can't login are on W7 or maybe Vista, or
at least not XP...  but to just make sure the data was what it appeared to
be, I went back to the XP machine and tried logging in (this is the same
machine that was successful before)...  and no joy. So...  my guess is:
they've got a database problem at that end.

TheDuck