[pct-l] Fwd: One hiker still out there in NoCal?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 00:03:07 CDT 2010

Hi Georgi,

I just spoke to Trail Angel Jane, Just Dave's wife, and he's been holed up
in Chester at the Best Western because of the storm, and didn't have your
phone number.  He's doing fine, and has approx 170 miles to go to finish,
and is trying to do his hiking between bouts of rain.  the storm is supposed
to break by tomorrow Morning, so he  has a ride to the trail head early
tomorrow and is planning his next night at Drakesbad.  He's contacted the
Drakesbad manager and his wife, (I can't remember their names off the top,
but they were fantastic to all of us hiking together this summer,) and they
are taking Dave in even though the place is officially closed and has no
staff.  Three cheers for Drakesbad!!!

Just Dave plans on making it to your place Tuesday evening.  I've given Jane
your phone number, and she wanted you to have hers:  626-241-6497.
She keeps up Dave's blog which can be found at:
www.trailingducks.blogspot.com

For those who haven't met Trail Angel Jane or Just Dave, she was an
incredible help to many hikers in the So Cal mountains this year, (I was one
of them late in the season, thanks so much Jane,) and Just Dave spent most
of his hike traveling with Zero Zero, the blind hiker, helping him out.
They're group jumped from Echo Lake to Dunsmuir when the season seemed to be
getting to late for a timely finish at Manning Park, so his hike will end at
Castle Crags.  They're both incredible PCT folks, who gave a lot to other
hikers this season, so I'm really hoping Dave is able to finish this last
stretch of miles.

Thanks so much for your caring Fire Fly,

Shroomer
925-768-4579