[pct-l] Water treatment

Ernie Castillo erniec01 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 23 15:01:20 CDT 2010

Reinhold:
I appreciate your advice and just want to add one comment to a snippet from your thread.

> And if I want a more refreshing taste, I add a dash of Crystal Light
> which I carry in a film spool container,

I used to carry medicine in film cannisters until somebody cautioned me during a 100-mile bike ride. His advice: the leader from the film rubs against the inside of the film cannister and can leave chemical residue.

I am sure you do your best to clean your containers but I just wanted to point this out to the audience.

Of course, few people buy photographic film nowadays.

I have switched to Zip-Lock bags that fit even better in my bicycle jersey pockets.

Ernie Castillo
Original member of the Revolving Ramen, PCT Class of 1980