[pct-l] CDC recommendations for water treatment

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Oct 23 11:09:21 CDT 2010

Hey Chuck,
Great post.....reminds me of survival training in the Marine Corps.
Looks like survival methods have not changed that much.
The iodine pills  worked pretty good in Vietnam...even with very
questionable water.
I am a firm believer in iodine crystals for water purification, if
needed, and still use them today.
I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

JMT Reinhold
The old dog
Chuck wrote:
Good evening, , The use of a solar still, in all its various forms, has
been well-documented in books on survival and wilderness craft. One
example of which can be found at: http://www.equipped.com/fm21-76.htm
Chapter 6 - Water Procurement