[pct-l] Bikers on the PCT

lucymann at comcast.net lucymann at comcast.net
Fri Oct 22 11:32:03 CDT 2010

I read an interesting (and depressing) entry in Medicare Pastor's Trail Journal today and wanted to comment on it here. What, if anything, can be done about the increasing violations of bikers on the PCT? I personally ran into a biker on the PCT on Saturday north of Stampede Pass who claimed he didn't know he was on the PCT and apparently was blind because there were at least a dozen PCT signs. Medicare Pastor ran into many more. It makes one feel so impotent to see the flagrant violations and not be able to do anything about it. Do any of you have any recommendations? She took pictures as they laughed and taunted her. I have decided to take pictures and post them on the Washington Trails Association's trip report site to at least publicize the problem but I really don't know what good it will do.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=332018

Lucy Mann