[pct-l] CDC recommendations for water treatment

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Thu Oct 21 23:08:01 CDT 2010

Also, for what its worth, here's a link to an article from Backpacking Light, Spring 2005, that I found on the Aqua Mira web site: http://aquamira.com/BPL_2_Efficacy-of-Water.pdf

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Thibault
  To: pct-l at backcountry.net
  Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 11:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [pct-l] CDC recommendations for water treatment

  All you ever want to know about cypto

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptosporidium

  Basically,  filters and boiling work,  chlorine doesn't,  No mention of Aqua
  Mira which uses free Oxygen but I suspect it should work - just not sure of
  the required wait time.

  Even if I knew the wait time for Aqua Mira I doubt it would make any
  difference  -- I am just barely waiting 20 minutes or else I can wait hours
  it depends on my thirst when I hit a water source.

  There is generally no effective treatment - it eventually goes away.

  Day-Late

  > Did they say anything about Aqua Mira?  (which I don't think is the same as
  > the REI product?  (Happy to be corrected on this point)).

  To unsubcribe, or change options visit: