[pct-l] The AT as a "green tunnel"

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 19:58:02 CDT 2010

The AT is one of America's crown jewels.  I never found it boring.  The
mountains are some of the oldest on earth (parts of the range is in the
British Iles and part is still in Africa).  At one time they were as high as
the Himalayans.  They have worn down a bit since then.

The "Green Tunnel" description does not do it justice - there are tons of
views.  I thought the forests were just great.  I couldn't get over just how
beautiful they were.

I am hoping to be lucky enough to be able to thru-hike the AT again some
day.  Yes, it is different than the PCT but both have their pluses and
minuses.  Of course, I'd love to thru-hike the PCT again too.  Ah so many
GREAT trails, so little time.

Day-Late